Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Drew Lachey Has Never Had a Cup of Coffee in His Life

SOURCE
drew-lachey-morning-routine.jpg
Drew Lachey has danced his way back into the national spotlight in recent years, after serving his frosted-tip time back in the day as a boy band heartbreaker in 98 Degrees. He won the second season of Dancing with the Stars, and is back for this season as a Dancing with the Stars All-Star, which you can watch tonight on ABC. --Sam Dean
I usually get up at 6:45 or 7 AM. I have a 6-year-old, so I get up, get her ready for school, get her breakfast, run her to school, and then I come home. That's when I'm able to eat.

Usually I have something just to give me some energy--a granola bar, Cliff bar, or a brand of granola made here in Cincinnati called Whirlybird--before I go to the gym. When I come back, I try to load up on protein. Fruit is big, too--apples, oranges, cantaloupe. We're fruities in our house.
drew-lachey-300.jpg
Every once in a while, I like to splurge and get donuts or coffee cake--something that makes me feel guilty for the rest of the day. You can't deprive yourself completely.

My daughter eats really really well: Honey Nut Cheerios, whole grain pancakes or waffles, or fruit and yogurt. Fruit, orange juice and water are staples. And then my son just eats whatever his sister's eating--he's a little garbage compactor. Between the two of them, they can eat a whole cantaloupe. They just inhale fruit.

I've never had a full cup of coffee in my entire life. I don't like the taste, and frankly it saves me a fortune. My vice is Diet Coke, which some people argue is a lot worse for you than coffee. Fountain pop is the best, so I'll take it that way if available. If not, it's just a can over ice. I like it in a glass because it's like a fine wine; you have to let it breathe and let out the carbonation a bit.

When I'm dancing 6-8 hours a day, I have a lot higher caloric intake. I like having some meat on my bones--I don't want to look skinny--so I try to stay in good shape and exercise, but still look healthy. If I'm dancing too much and don't have enough calories, I'll start wasting away.

There's this stuff called goetta that's huge in Cincinnati. It's a German meat product--pork mixed with oats--that goes back a long way. I like to fry up some goetta and have breakfast for dinner. 

0 comments: