Tacoma Rainiers owner and celebrity Nick Lachey is at the game and sitting in one of the luxury suites. Rainiers fans will be happy to know that he's sporting his authentic Rainiers No. 14 jersey.
Ok I just talked with Nick and he's also sporting a Rainiers visor ... it wasn't anything too serious.... here's his comments ...
* I think we're going to continue to look at trying to make improvements to the stadium and make the experience there better for everybody. I just read an interesting article that they're working on developing the land around the stadium. That's really appealing to us on our end, becuase it creates a whole entertainment complex there, condos and everything I'm reading about, that's always good for the stadium.
* We're just going to continue to look at ways to improve it. Hopefully we can get some state money for that and make some more improvements there.
* I think it's going in the right direction. I don't deal with it on a day to day basis, but I think we made some improvements last year with party decks and they seemed to be a big hit, and obviously we're still looking at ways of making the expereience for the fans, becuase that's what it comes down to, make the stadium more comfortable.
* I've said this from day one we're committed to Tacoma and trying to make everything work there as best we can. But as far as I know from what I've heard, we're on a good path.
* I got so busy last year I only got the chance to get up there at one time. that's why I'm down here today to see the facilities here and to see some of the guys that are ultimately going to end up in Tacoma for at least a lttle bit this yaer.
* I said from day one I like to be involved, but at the same time I also like to defer to those people that do this for a living and know what they're doing and trust those people with taking care of the team.
* Hopefully, I'll get up there three or four times this year.
Post a Comment