unday, Sep 21 10:30a to 1:30p
Tacoma All-Star Celebrity Weekend September 21-22, 2008
Welcome to our Third Annual Celebrity Weekend! In the past two years, we have raised a total of $1.4 million dollars to directly benefit our two related causes; the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Tacoma General Hospital; and the Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital Parenting Partnership program!
We welcome our host Nick Lachey – solo artist and Grammy nominee with
98 Degrees, host of ABC reality show High School Musical, and co-owner of the Tacoma Rainiers!
Thank you to Nick for hosting this spectacular weekend!
Singer and TV Host
|Nick Lachey is the Co-Owner of the Tacoma Rainiers Professional Baseball Team, the Triple-A Seattle Mariners Affiliate. Nick is a native of Kentucky, but grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio. Given his innate athletic abilities, his original ambition was to pursue a career in sports medicine, but he and his brother, Drew, were both accepted to study at the Cincinnati High School for the Creative and Performing Arts where they developed their musical abilities. |
At Miami University in Ohio, he and friend Jeff Timmons auditioned for a vocal group that became 98 Degrees, eventually signing with Motown. Their first smash hit came in 1997 as Invisible Man rose to number 12 on the charts. Follow-up singles Because of You and The Hardest Thing both reached the top 5, while I Do (Cherish You) peaked at No. 13. These songs propelled their second album 98 Degrees and Rising to quadruple-platinum status. Lachey released his first solo album, SoulO in 2003 in the midst of the fervor surrounding the hit TV series, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica. In 2006, he released his second solo album entitled What’s Left of Me, which went to #2 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart and recently went gold. Lachey continues to be a presence on-screen, after landing a six-episode role in the WB series Charmed, as well as a guest spot on ABC’s Hope & Faith, both in 2004. He recently appeared as the host of the very successful NBC’s reality mini-series, Clash of the Choirs as well as MTV’s Nick Lachey: What’s Left of Me. He also appeared as host of ABC’s High School Musical: Get in the Picture. Off-screen and offstage, Nick remains a rabid fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, USC Trojans and of course, the Tacoma Rainiers.
2008 Celebrities Slated to Appear
- Aimee Wright, finalist, America’s Next Top Model
- Alonzo Mitz, defensive end, Seattle Seahawks
- Bill Krueger, Seattle Mariners, Fox Sports Northwest
- Bob Gross, forward, and 1977 NBA Champion with the Portland Trailblazers
- Chris Daniels, KING 5 TV reporter
- Chris Egan, KING 5 TV sports anchor and reporter
- Cris Judd, choreographer; lead dancer for Michael Jackson’s Dangerous and History tours, Red Sky Picture’s Goyband (2008 release)
- Christopher Wiehl, actor, Playmakers, CSI, Jericho and Private Practice, and in late 2008, Moonlight and Mistletoe.
- Dave “The Groz” Grosby, sports radio personality
- Dave Henderson, outfielder, Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox, and 1989 World Champion with the Oakland A’s
- Frank Burgess, 1961 NCAA scoring champion, two-time collegiate All-American, Gonzaga University alumni
- Jason Mesnick, finalist, The Bachelorette
- Jeff Nelson, four-time World Series champion with the NY Yankees
- Jim Nettles, outfielder, Minnesota Twins, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals and Oakland A’s
- Kirby Schlegel, Co-founder and Chairman of Schlegel Sports
- Lauren Bedford, model with Elite Modeling, Inc. Miami, Los Angeles, Paris, and New York
- Michael Jackson, linebacker, Seattle Seahawks
- Nesby Glasgow, safety, Seattle Seahawks
- Norm Johnson, placekicker, Seattle Seahawks and Super Bowl XXX Champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Otis Sistrunk, defensive lineman and Super Bowl XI champion with the Oakland Raiders
- Randall Morris, running back, Seattle Seahawks
- Ryan Stiles, comedian, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, The Drew Carey Show and Two and a Half Men
- Sarah Larson, model with Nous Model Management Los Angeles, 2008 People Magazine 100 Most Beautiful People, recently signed as the face of Christian Audigier Dresses, and a winner of Fear Factor
- Shelby Zemanek, child actress How I Met Your Mother, Miracles
- Stacy Fuson, model and actress, The Good Humor Man, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Shallow Hal, and American Pie
- Tom Gorman, pitcher, NY Mets, Montreal Expos, Philadelphia Phillies, San Diego Padres
- Vanessa Minnillo, actress, Disaster Movie (2008), Redefining Love (2009), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, hostess, MTV’s Prom Date, and Maxim’s Hot 100 list 2006
- Yuji Okumoto, actor, The Karate Kid Part II and End Game
* Please note that this list is subject to change without notice