Sunday, October 21, 2012

'Dancing With the Stars' backstage: Drew Lachey and Helio Castroneves talk 'disappointing' double elimination

SOURCE

  

helio-castroneves-drew-lachey-dwts.jpg

Although Drew and his partner, Anna Trebunskaya received glowing reviews from the judges for their chacha, Monday's (Oct. 8) first dance, they received surprisingly low scores. 

"When we first got our scores, we were like, yes, 24 -- that's great!" Lachey told us after tonight's results show. "Then we saw the scores keep getting higher and higher and higher, and we were like, Really? We're second to the bottom. I take pride in what I do, in being a performer. And to me it's kind of ironic that the two Broadway performers, me and Joey [Fatone], are gone already. It's a little odd to me." 

"I don't feel robbed," he added. "I feel disappointed that it's come to an end. Do I think we're going home too early? Absolutely. I don't think there's anybody in this ballroom that would disagree with that. I think Helio's going home too early as well." 

Helio and his partner, Chelsie Hightower, scored in the middle of the pack with 25.5, but a wardrobe malfunction -- Helio stepped on his partner's dress in the middle of their quickstep -- likely cost them votes. 

"I'm burning my dress!" Chelsie told us with a laugh. "He's taking his suit home and I'm burning my dress." 

"What a best way to finish with the zoot suit -- the pimp suit!" the race-car driver enthused about his dandy duds. "Certainly I don't think ABC is going to see this one back." 

"They won't see this one either," Chelsie added, gesturing to her full-skirted frock, "because it will be in the fire." 

Helio is "disappointed" but he is leaving with a smile. (And a suit.) "Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose," said the cheerful Brazilian. "What a great opportunity to come over here and have fun." 

Always the jokester, he added, "I'm thankful for having an incredible partner to teach me how to dance for free!" 

Nine more celebrities earned another week of free dancing lessons -- and, in the show's newest twist, will be learning a style never performed on "DWTS" before. 

0 comments: