Monday, December 19, 2011

Boy bands to unite in special Manila concert

SOURCE

MEMBERS of top-selling boy groups Blue, 98 Degrees and A1 will join forces to perform in a special one-night concert at the Araneta Coliseum on Feb. 25 next year.

The show is called "The Greatest Hits Tour: Blue, Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees, and A1: Live in Manila 2012."

In an interview to promote the concert, Mr. Timmons said: "I know Manila fairly well. I love pancit and other foods from that area. The jeepney’s crack me up, and the traffic and mega malls are bananas. The people are amazing. They treated us like kings, always greeted with "Hi, Sir," and "Thank you, Sir." They only talk like that in some parts of the US."

Fans of 98 Degrees will not see the whole group performing. Yet, that should not matter much as its unforgettable R&B, soul, urban and contemporary pop sound lives on through Mr. Timmons, its founding member.

He is sure to sing many of their hits like "Invisible Man," "Because of You," "The Hardest Thing," "I Do (Cherish You)," and "My Everything," among others.

"Out of all the hits ‘Invisible Man’ is my favorite," Mr. Timmons told Manila-based reporters in a telephone interview.

"It is the most soulful of our radio songs, and it was the first song we ever heard of ourselves on the radio.

For A1’s Ben Adams who penned "Like A Rose," there is something cute to reveal regarding the song. "I wrote it when I was 16 years old on my old upright piano at my parents’ house," he told reporters.

"I haven’t told anyone this really as most people assume it’s a love song, but it was actually originally written for my mom! We have just updated it for a brand new version for 2012, which was amazingly fun to do! Very excited for you all to hear it," Mr. Adams added.

Mr. Adams said fans can help the group decide on which songs to perform by sending in their requests through the band’s official Web site www.a1official.com

"We will do our best to do every big hit. We are doing this for the fans and want to give them what they want to see," Mr. Adams said.

For ticket inquiries, call Ticketnet at 911-5555. -- Jeffrey O. Valisno

0 comments: