Monday, May 26, 2008

Celebrities show up in full force for 500 Festival Snakepit Ball

source


INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - It was quite the party at the annual Regions 500 Festival Snakepit Ball Saturday night. One by one celebrity filled limos rolled along Washington Street stopping at the Indiana Roof Ballroom.

Actress Patricia Heaton and her producer husband David Hunt started the evening off with an announcement.

"We, Four Boys Films, our production company, are now the proud sponsors of the Sarah Fisher Racing Team," Patricia Heaton's husband David Hunt said.

"We thought it would be fun to step in for a fellow buckeye and sponsor and it gives us a little more of a personal interest in the race, too," Heaton said.

And the celebs kept coming.

"I had such a great time last year and it was my first race and I just begged to come back. I just love it," actress Alison Sweeney said.

Fresh off a Dancing with the Stars win, Kristi Yamaguchi has a very special job race day.

"I am waving the green flag and I heard it's good to practice so you get the professional look out there," Yamaguchi said.

Another Dancing with the stars champ came to root on her dance partner, Helio.

"I am so excited to see him hopefully wish him luck you know since I am here of course you know the luck will happen," dancer and singer Julianne Hough said.

"Tomorrow I am rooting for Helio of course. He's my boy I love him so much and I can't wait. I know he's going to win because he's got all of us here backing him up," Sabrina Bryan of the Cheetah Girls said.

"As long as its a safe race nobody gets hurt and it stays dry you know and we finish under a green flag that's a good day," singer Drew Lachey said.

"I mean come on I am a girl, I've got to root for Danica. That would be so awesome if she won. That would just be to have my first Indy race and have her win. I am mean I'll be happy no matter what but that would just be extra cool," actress Jenna Elfman said.

The celebrities headed inside where the party was rocking, just ask party sponsor Cindy Simon Skjodt, "People get to have fun they dance they drink they eat then they go home and get ready for the race."

And Helio's former dancing partner Julianne Hough isn't just rooting on her dance partner during the race Sunday. She will also be singing the National Anthem at the greatest spectacle in racing.

0 comments: