Monday, May 26, 2008

92nd Indianapolis 500 - 25 May pre-race celebrity red carpet quotes : -

source
MARCUS ALLEN (Pro Football Hall of Famer, Heisman Trophy winner): "I'm excited. Last year was my first time, and I gained a much greater appreciation, being here in person and seeing all the people, asking questions about how everything works, seeing the racers, seeing the speeds they go, seeing the pit crews work, hearing the communications and how it works, I just have a much greater appreciation for these drivers. I always did, but when you go at top speeds, you really understand what they are doing and stuff, so it's great for me. I'm pulling for Tomas (Scheckter). We're hoping he does well today."

SABRINA BRYAN (Entertainer, "Dancing with the Stars"): "Oh my gosh! It's so exciting. Even just the drive in, it was like, 'Oh my gosh!' I just got chills seeing all of the people out there already ready to have fun, ready for a good day. I saw Helio (Castroneves) last night and gave him the best of luck and the warmest wishes. I'm just so excited to be here. I remember when I was little, my grandpa had it on all the time and I told my manager earlier today, that if he were around I would've had to bring him and I couldn't have brought her because he absolutely loves race car driving. It's just really cool to watch it when I was little and now to actually be here. He'd be so excited for me." (About event): "It's just great. Everyone from Indianapolis is here, and they're just so excited to be here. They're so proud of it and the Indy 500 is a big thing, and it's really great to see how proud they are."

DREW LACHEY (Singer, "Dancing with the Stars"): "I'm rooting for Helio Castroneves, but I'm also rooting for Ryan Hunter-Reay. I'm obviously rooting for Helio because of the 'Dancing with the Stars' connection, but I actually became friends with Ryan's girlfriend, Becky, during a celebrity grand prix in Long Beach. I'm hoping everyone has a good run today and that we finish under green." (About whether he'd rather see Castroneves or Hunter-Reay): "I can't answer that. Helio has two, and he won 'Dancing with the Stars,' and this is Ryan's first race, but I don't know." (About his impression of this race): "Indianapolis throws a great party for this race. The people here are great. Everyone is here to have a good time. In terms of the actual event itself, there isn't anything else like it. It is a great race, and I love coming here

0 comments: