Monday, July 7, 2014

Six questions with Jeff Timmons

SOURCE
By Stacy Lopez


As part of the 90s mega-group 98 Degrees, Jeff Timmons knows how to put on a good show for the ladies. Now, he’s using his singing and dancing skills to host and produce a reality male stripper movie called Men of the Strip.


We caught up with him in The Social's green room, where he talked about his parents' reaction to the movie, pizza (apologies to his half-eaten salad that was sitting nearby) and which tour mate he would cast as a man of the strip.

In 'Men of the Strip,' the men come from all walks of life – there's Kyle the delivery man, Derek the caterer – does it surprise you when men in certain professions decide to enter the world of male stripping?
No - I think it's fascinating, and that's one of the reasons I wanted to create the movie. I mean, you look at the guys and you just think that's their main job. But all these guys have backstories, and they are all very interesting and different backstories. But their common thread is the fact that they do male entertainment – and that's the premise when watch you watch the movie, but ultimately, it's about the guys behind the scenes.
You and your fellow 98 Degrees members spent a lot of time on the road touring with New Kids On The Block and Boyz II Men last year. If you had to cast one of your tour mates for 'Men of the Strip,' who would it be?
Easy. Donnie Wahlberg, hands down. He basically does the exact same thing during the New Kids set that we do with the ('Men of the Strip') guys: he takes his shirt off; pours beer all over himself; kisses girls. He does the whole thing, so he would be the ultimate first choice.
Speaking of bands and music, what song is currently getting the most play on your music device?
I like The Weekend – I really think he's amazing. I like R&B stuff – Jason Derulo is hot right now, Chris Brown, Neo, Usher – all those R&B cats.
You've spent a lot of time on the road over the years. What are your must-have travel items?
I'm not really picky. As much as publicists hate when we say this, probably just a light beer before we go on stage. That and some sugar-free Red Bull. But all the extravagant stuff I don't really care about.
Previously on The Social, the hosts have chatted about odd TV moments with their parents (you know, when you are watching a film with your folks, and that awkward love scene happens). Were you shy about filling your parents in on your latest project?
No, because they had seen me host the Chippendales show in Las Vegas, so they had a general idea of what (this movie) was about. My parents are very open – they know what I've done in my career - so there wasn't anything embarrassing about this. Now, having my kids around and with them not having an understanding for what the show is – that can be a bit of a sticky situation: having to explain to them, 'They dance and they take their shirts off...' It's a little difficult to explain that one away. Ultimately, my kids know it's entertainment, and they have grown up with me being in the business.
Here's a controversial one: Ultimate pizza toppings.
I'm a meat lover's guy. Sausage, ham, pepperoni – all that stuff. Actually, you're making me hungry right now.
I see you have some greens sitting behind you there.
Yeah, I was chomping on that and some grapes earlier. Now in my old age I have to watch my girlish figure, so I don't have too much pizza anymore.

0 comments: